All Creatures Veterinary Hospital
4549 HW 62 West
Mountain Home, AR 72653
(1) Kittens should receive kitten shots at 9 weeks old, 12 weeks' old, and 16 weeks old. That is three sets of shots in
all. It is very important for kittens to receive a full set of kitten vaccinations. Diseases such as feline leukemia,
feline distemper, and many respiratory diseases can result if all three sets are not given.
(2) If a kitten is older than 16 weeks old when it gets its first set of shots, it should get two sets of shots three weeks apart.
(3) At 16 weeks old, a kitten can receive a rabies shot. Arkansas law requires that all cats receive a rabies vaccination from a licensed veterinarian.
(4) Once a kitten receives its full set of kitten vaccinations, we recommend that it be vaccinated for feline leukemia/feline distemper (FVRCP/FeLV) and rabies every year.
(5) If your cat will be boarding here at All Creatures, we require proof of feline leukemia/feline distemper (FVRCP/FeLV) and rabies vaccinations. If proof cannot be provided, we will vaccinate the cat during its stay.
(6) We recommend monthly heartworm and intestinal worm prevention for all cats. Revolution (a topical application) and Advantage Multi (a topical application) are available as monthly worm prevention. This can be started at any age.
(7) We recommend checking kittens' stool samples at every visit and treating for worms as needed.
If you have questions concerning your cat's vaccinations or would like to make an appointment, please call (870) 425-5175.